Thursday, December 22, 2011

I have been trying to have some activities at the table for the kids to do so we don't have the "I'm bored" problem.  Here are a few of the things we have been doing around the school table!

Perler Fuse Beads...found them in the school cabinet and found patterns online for anything you would like to make.  We have a lot of them so the kids have been busy.  I just keep them on the table and every couple of days they pass by and decide to make something.  I printed out a bunch of the patterns and laminated them and stuck them on a book ring.  Some are too difficult for Maleiah so I know we can pack it away and bring it out next Christmas.

 
We read the story of the Nativity this week from this bible and then Maleiah colored stick figure puppets {original idea, here...Love this blog, I don't know how she does what she does}.  She then pulled every chair we own to give only Caeden and I a puppet show.  For some reason Caeden and I couldn't sit next to each other...he was a front row guest...I had to sit in the second row.  Perhaps it made it look like there were more people?  Anyway, it was a cute show...somehow Darth Vader was involved {King Herod} and they all took a trip to the beach.






No comments: