Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Library, My Friend

My close friend has finally won me over to the world of our local Library. I am an avid reader and collector of books and I can't leave a bookstore without something in my hand. Since we are trying to make better financial decisions I decided it was time for me to try out the library system. What I found has been awesome! These are the great things I have found...

  • Online Catalog-I am able to go online and reserve up to 50 books on my library card. I can make a list of books I would like to read and just search for them and then reserve them. They are brought in from other libraries and sometimes there is a long waiting list, but I always have something waiting for me. :)

  • Movies-I can reserve movies for free! Of course the wait is longer than it would be for Netflix or even going to the local Blockbuster but did I mention that it is FREE!?!? So we canceled our Netflix account that was costing us $15.00 a month. We are Netflix lovers but right now saving that $$ is a priority.

  • Book Sales-A few times a year they hold book sales and you can buy any kind of book for less than $1.00 a piece. A few weekends ago I found a great deal! I went with $10.00 and there on a table was a box filled with World Book Children Encyclopedias. There were 25 of them and guess how much they were? $10.00. They were older, with the oldest being printed in 1979 and the most recent was 1995. Still, it is history and my son loves looking at the Dinosaur, Legends and Myths, About Me, History of Flight. I went to the World Book website and a new set, for 15 books was $269.00. I think I got a good deal.

Happy Reading!

No comments: