Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Joys of Modeling Clay

A.K.A. "m-oa-deling clay" as Caeden reads it on the book we got on how to use Modeling Clay. We did a Farm unit and decided to make ducks.












I really thought it would end there and the best we would get would be snakes and the interest would be gone. Alas! Three hours later we had NO clay left over and quite the array of clay workings.



Needless to say, I was impressed and Caeden was thrilled. Now, let me say the clay that we used was non-hardening clay which I thought was cool at the beginning, but now 2 weeks later I wish it would harden so that when I stuff them all in a shoe box, because Caeden can't bear to part with any of his art, I wish that snakes and bugs would not stick to beavers, mice and anacondas.

This week we are learning about the Ice Age and Caeden cannot wait to make Mammoths and Sabertooth Tigers and I as his mother have no doubt he will succeed.

No comments: