Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Encouraging...

On Wednesday morning I go (or should I say I try to go?) to a Community Bible Study in our area and we are currently doing a study in Daniel. This morning, one of the final questions was to look up Isaiah 55:10-11 and tell how it applies to the lesson and to our lives. So I was flipping to Isaiah 55 and then I started to read....

"Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

"O afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted,
I will build you with stones of turquoise,
your foundations with sapphires."

I smiled feeling so encouraged as we are going through various trials right now. The Lord loves me and although my world is being shaken that will not change. So there I am in my happy moment and I realize that the ladies around me are answering the question and I am not getting the same thing that they are. I look again. I read the wrong scripture. Wrong? For the lesson, yes. For me, no. I had read Isaiah 54:10-11!




No comments: