Thursday, December 25, 2008

Cash Only Christmas

As I sat looking at our tree last night surrounded by toys I was filled with excitement for the morning. This Christmas was different for us because we knew work would be tight and we planned ahead for the first time ever. We actually had all our shopping done for the kids before Thanksgiving! We also decided that Justin and I would not exchange gifts which for me, honestly was tough in the beginning. But as Christmas came nearer I grew to like this new idea. My parents have done it for years although I never really understood it...that dang selfishness seed lives in me and I am not going to lie...

I really like recieving.
This year has been so different for me though, I loved giving and creating, I loved that nothing went on the credit card for the first time in my life. I loved watching my kids open their gifts and then I realized




...that was my gift.




It wasn't purchased but it just was and my heart is filled with gratitude.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

This is an inspiration to me and definately something that is on my "to do list" for the New Year.
We are also working towards being debt free next year. It is tough and alot of sacrifices are made, but I think the rewards are much greater.