Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Nile River-Part 1


For first grade history we have just started using the Veritas Press Timeline Flash Cards in combination with Story Of The World and it is all about Ancient Egypt! This week we made a model of the Nile River (which is the longest river in the world, over 4000 miles, it is in Africa, it flooded once a year......shall I go on?). It began like this....

Laying the pebbles out....

Planting the "crops"....

Happily flooding the Nile....


and so we watch it grow.....

2 comments:

KarenW said...

What a fun project! I bet he'll always remember about the Nile.

Mandi said...

Just wanted to drop by and let you know, I stumbled upon 3 websites, perfect for homeschooling.

National Geographic, TIME and Discovery Channel all have educational sites for kids.

We have watched volcanoes errupting etc (see one of my latest posts for the link). On one of them, I saw something about the Nile.

Happy schooling!