Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Menu Planning

As the school year approaches I am looking back on what I learned last year:

The family still needs to eat.

So in an attempt to not only feed them, but feed them healthy food (not takeout, I mean Taco Bell can only pass as healthy for so long...) I am making a menu. I am on the lookout for crock-pot meals and freezer meals that can be whipped up in a second (or so, 30 minutes would do the trick). I am going to also attempt to shop at the beginning of the month and in theory, not need to go to the store for the entire month. I know that it can be unrealistic, stuff happens but just think...no lines, getting kids in and out of the car, no people, no, no, no...I say YES! I will give it a shot, that can't hurt, right?

Here is the plan...

  • Weeknight Thai Beef (2)
  • Easy Spanish Chicken & Rice Wraps (2)
  • Pot Roast
  • Rotisserie-Style Sticky Chicken
  • Grilled Chicken, farmer's market veggie and salad (2)
  • Thai Chicken Salad Wraps
  • Salmon, Green Beans and Rice Pilaf
  • Meatloaf, farmer's market veggie and salad
  • Pancakes (3)
  • Sandwiches & fruit
  • Chicken & Corn Chili & Cornbread
  • Carnitas & Salad
  • Penne Pasta & Chicken, Veggie and Salad
  • Mediterranean Wraps
  • Stuffed Peppers
  • *Leftovers (4 at least)
  • *Dining Out/Over at a Friends (4 at least)

I am doing some cooking today! So wish me luck!

No comments: