Thursday, March 24, 2011

I wrote this awhile ago but wanted to post it anyway....






In 3 weeks we will be on our way to our new home in Texas!  The time right now is bittersweet as we pack, purge and spend as much time with our family and friends as we can squeeze in and at the end of the day it isn't enough.  For the first time in my life I will live nearly 2000 miles away from home.  From the place I have known for 37 years, the familiar paths and places that have been rooted in my memories and make me partly who I am.  It is surreal, these moments.


My brain is a mess of lists, thoughts, hopes, plans and fears.  My friends deal with me and I laugh at myself nearly everyday.  At this moment there is not one clean room in the house BUT my kitchen sink is clean today and that makes me smile.  :)  I learned today that disposals don't really love clumps of sprouts being shoved down it's pipes.  Apparently it acts as a plug and then you have green sprout soup coming up, up, up into the sink.  It's gross, trust me.  Don't do it.  I also learned how to take the pipes under the sink apart and fix it which made me feel like SUPERWOMAN.  It was pretty awesome.  But it was a mess and that wasn't so awesome.  

This weekend I am going out with friends to have drinks, coffee, chat and knit.  To laugh at the past and look ahead to the future.  To secure connections that are deep and store up what I need to get me there.  

I am excited for the new:

  • a new place to call home
  • new trees to climb
  • new rooms to decorate
  • new shelves to fill
  • new books that are coming
  • new spaces to fill
  • new fabric to sew
  • new people to meet
  • new memories to make
Tomorrow Justin comes home and we begin loading a trailer and next week we begin a 4 day journey to our new home.  More to come...



No comments: