Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Day 2011

This year for Christmas we were away from family and friends for the first time in my entire 38 years.  And I survived.  It's one of my favorite holidays and I love the traditions we had in California but I also looked forward to starting new ones and bringing the old here to Texas.  We did a little of both and thank God for Skype because it makes the distance bearable, seeing faces and sharing the moments together.


We had a Christmas Eve dinner just the four of us, it was strange and quiet, small and simple.
We attended a Christmas Eve service at our church.
We tracked Santa online, watching his every move.
Caeden had a hard time going to sleep, so did Maisie and then Maleiah.
It rained.  A lot.
The kids were up early and it was magical, like I wanted it to be.  There was awe and a bit of wonder.
There were bikes {we have spent days riding in the afternoon}.
There was glitter glue {I say "was" because it's gone...in one art project}.
There were grandparents on Skype and text messages with pictures being sent.

It was different and good.  This year was a transition year, feeling our way around this new city, figuring it all out.  Next year we will do more, add more and I am looking forward to it.



No comments: