Thursday, October 25, 2007

Learning from Ants

Good Morning!

This morning we overslept and so it was a rush to get it all done this morning and Caeden was still late for school...homeschooling doesn't seem so bad on days like this. :) I returned home with Maleiah and I decided NOT to get on the computer because it really does suck the very day away and then I am agitated with how I spent my time so I started laundry, started the dishwasher and straightened up the living room/kitchen areas.

I felt accomplished but really what I needed was to be in God's word. So I sat down, got Maleiah some books to look at and worked on my Bible Study from CBS and worked on the lesson from 2 weeks ago, yes I am a little behind. :) It was all about the taking care of the business of life...just the stuff we do daily.





Proverbs 6:6-8

"Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider it's ways and
be wise!
It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores it's
provisions in summer and gathers it's food at harvest."

Ants....such a nuisance but gosh they work hard and I am supposed to learn from them. What I am learning from this verse is first of all it is important because there is an exclamation point at the end of the first sentence.



"...consider it's ways and be wise!"


I took notice of that and so I consider. They do all this working hard and they have NO ruler or overseer and yet they still work hard knowing that it is for their very survival and they also work as a team. Yet I have an overseer, God is my ruler and my king so how much more should I be working hard in my home, for my relationship with God, with my husband and my children, caring for them, loving them? And not "just doing it" but doing it excellently and doing my best!

2 Corinthians 9:6-8

"Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly
will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap
generously. Each man should give what he has decided to give not
reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God
is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times,
having all you need, you will abound in every good work."

Am I reaping sparingly or generously in my home and relationships?

Have I been giving reluctantly or under compulsion?

Have I been cheerful in my giving or sour?

Am I trusting God to work through me? Letting him be all I need to "abound in every good work"?

Those ants are smart little fellows.

Thank you Lord for your grace and for your word. You are awesome and I am thrilled to be where I am today. Please help me be a cheerful giver in my home and in my relationships with those in my home and those outside of it.


1 comment:

Mrs. Sheila said...

That is so very true! Thanks for posting this today! Be blessed