Tuesday, November 7, 2006

90 days, DONE!

I have been home 2 weeks now and I am so glad to be here. As you can see, we have a new little girl in our home and we are so grateful for every moment with her.
I spent 85 days on bed rest at Sutter Memorial, and when I say bed rest I mean for 10 weeks of those 85 days I did nothing but lay in bed. Believe me when I say that I appreciate bathrooms and warm showers like never before! We were given little hope in the beginning that the outcome for this pregnancy would be good, we were even told we could terminate the pregnancy as if that was even an option for us. We knew that we had come farther this time than we did the last time and we wouldn't give up. We knew God was faithful, wanted good for us and we could only see that we would be holding a baby at the end of this and that baby would come home with us. I was in a position that they call trendelenberg which basically means my feet need to be higher than my head. After 10 weeks I was able to sit up in bed like a normal person and even walk some and take wheelchair rides which were the one thing I looked forward to the most. Also during this time my mother passed away which was shocking and still hasn't all the way set in yet. I went home on October 19th for one night of freedom which was so great! The next night my water broke and so back to Sutter I went...Maleiah(freedom;liberation)Joye(joyful;follower of truth) was born on Saturday, October 21, 2006; six weeks early. We are so grateful for the care that was given to us by the doctors and nurses at Sutter. The Lord continually provided encouragement during the tough moments and constantly kept my spirit up so that I was able to look to the end which was a baby in my arms. As I sit here Maleiah is sleeping in my arms and I am blessed. I am so grateful for my husband he was so strong during the time I was away and he has grown in huge ways and I am so in love with him.
The Lord has said "no" to things in our lives and some of those things have been hard to take but for all the "no's" I am grateful to be holding a big YES!

No comments: