Saturday, December 8, 2007

Our Thanksgiving Table

This year I didn't think about how I would set the table until the morning of Thanksgiving. I had no festive napkins or anything and so I stared and hoped for inspiration. I was very pleased with the end result.

I had these bamboo placemats in the garage, my friend gave them to me a few years ago and I thought they were very woodsy looking so that meant we would use as much nature as we could to set the table. :)
I had some gift tags and found a leaf stamp that I used years ago for cards. I had a brown ink pad and I found a bag of the ribbon stashed in my scrapbooking stuff.
The lanterns on the table were up in the closet and the pumpkins were in the front yard. I made the Giving Thanks journal this year and we plan to record all the things that God has done for us each year. It will be a testimony of his goodness and history for our children.
Just another view of the table...
The turkey...he is yummy. :)

I was very glad to whip something up and I thought it was very simple and pretty. I didn't spend any money on it either. I used black napkins that I had leftover from Caeden's pirate party.

1 comment:

Windows Wide Open said...

What a beautiful table you came up with!! I love it!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog...those baby feet are just priceless aren't they?!?

I enjoyed your blog today :)

~~Happy Holidays