Thursday, April 9, 2009

Point Reyes, California

I have lived in California my whole life and thanks to our friends, Dan and Tiffany, I have been able to see a lot of it. They moved here from Colorado so everything is new. I should be the one showing them around, instead, it's the other way around. I am the tourist along with them. A couple of weeks ago we took a trip to Point Reyes (it's a peninsula...we have been talking geography in first grade). It was a great drive and then the ocean came into view! Justin rolled down the windows and goes into a zone (it's a surfer, water loving man thing...and I totally love and respect it) and the kids are shrieking and the cows are everywhere. Everywhere. So we got to the lighthouse and we went DOWN over 300 steps, enjoyed the view, tried to watch whales and then I nearly died going back UP the more than 300 steps. They. are. steep.


So we loved the day.



We went to Drakes Bay (more geography), flew a kite, collected sand and other beach paraphernalia and then went to look at tee pees near where there are mountain lions of which I have a phobia about (that includes anything with claws that may want to eat me). We love the beach even if there are wild animals that can eat us. The next day I could still feel the ocean breeze on my skin and after putting off a shower just for that reason I concluded that we have issues....but I will keep them. :)

No comments: