Thursday, December 1, 2011


We have a lot of arguing going on lately, so a picture like this makes me happy all over.  Justin and I were primarily only children and so really the whole sibling thing does not compute.  I don't understand the fighting, or torture that is involved.  I didn't become a "sister" until I was 14, they were 18 and 10...I thought it was cool to be in the middle and there are only a few major fights that I remember (our parents could tell a different story, I am sure) but over all it wasn't torture.  This is so different.  Here are the tactics I have learned:


  • If I stand in the hallway and stare at you, it will cause shrieking.
  • If I touch something that belongs to you, it will cause shrieking.
  • If I ask you a question, it will cause shrieking.
  • If I don't poor the right cereal for you, it will cause shrieking.


Mainly we try to avoid the shrieking around here, the condescending tone of voice that often comes from 10 year old brothers who are SURE that if he continues to fight he will win in the end.  However, the 5 year old always has to have the last word (I have no idea where THAT came from....)so him winning never happens.  Mom just gets irritated.  We are growing and stretching a lot around here.  But at the end of the day, when sleepovers are requested and sometimes the playing doesn't end in a wrestling match or tears, it's all good.

No comments: