Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Thanksgiving Already?


We are hosting Thanksgiving here this year for my in-laws. We hosted my parents last year right after Maleiah was born so this year I get the in-laws. It will be a fun time and I am very excited about trying some new recipes and a few crafts.



Have you ever heard of brining the turkey? Totally new to me but I think I may try it. Here is the recipe I will be trying...

Turkey Brine

Also on the Menu...

Herbed Turkey
Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Fluffy Biscuits
Stuffing (NOT Stove-Top this year!)
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie

Look at these cute Oreo Turkeys! I am making them too.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

What cute oreo turkeys!! I just came across your blog and I love it. I too have a 5 year old boy and a 1 year old little girl. Hope you had a great Halloween.
Melissa

Manderly said...

Thanks for the comment!

Tami said...

I am hosting Thanksgiving this year and really need to get busy planning my menu. We celebrate my side of the family the Saturday before (Thanksgiving is at the in-laws), so I have less that 2 weeks to get it together.

blessedabundantly said...

We made those oreo turkeys last year for teacher appreciation gifts. They were super easy and fun to do.